Advice on energy performance of buildings and financing options for sustainable housing in Ulaanbaatar yurts
- Identification number: DP-2019-072-DO-16030
- Total anticipated budget: 12 720 162,- CZK
- Implementation period: 2019–2021
- Project location: Mongolia
- Sector: Horizontal Programmes, Trilateral Development Cooperation
- Grant, public tender and budgetary measure within the project:
Implementing partner: Člověk v tísni, o.p.s.
Budget for the year 2019: 750 000 CZK
The aim of the four-year project is to support the application of energy efficiency measures in the individual housing sector in Mongolia through a market-based approach. It works with communities and households in yurts to provide energy consultants to identify the most appropriate measures, as well as with small and medium-sized enterprises to help them introduce energy-efficient materials into their product range and train them in carrying out energy-efficient retrofits and new buildings. In addition, it works with financial institutions and brokers their services to the target population in order to obtain financing for the recommended measures. Project specific objective: CO2 and small particulate emissions in Ulaanbaatar’s yurts are reduced through the implementation of energy efficiency measures, awareness raising, technical training and technological support for SMEs and households.