Promoting equality through inclusive education, Ethiopia
- Identification number: DP-2019-073-DO-11220
- Total anticipated budget: 55 517 786,- CZK
- Implementation period: 2019–2022
- Project location: Ethiopia
- Sector: Horizontal Programmes, Trilateral Development Cooperation
- Grant, public tender and budgetary measure within the project:
Implementing partner: ADRA, o.p.s.
Budget for the year 2019: 2 500 000,- CZK
The multinational project “Promoting Equality through Inclusive Education, Ethiopia II” is the sixth project implemented by ADRA Norway in cooperation with its partner office in Ethiopia, and also involves ADRA CR. The main objective is to ensure that all beneficiary students, regardless of their background, ability and gender, have equal access, participation and learning in inclusive schools and technical and vocational education and training centres. The project activities will take place in the Ormiya region, which lags behind the Ethiopian average in terms of the number of pupils enrolled in school, and the facilities of schools are also very poor in terms of the provision of adequate sanitation.
The co-financing from the Czech partner concerns activities aimed at building inclusive schools and TVET centres with appropriate conditions for pupils of both genders, including WASH facilities, as ADRA CR has long experience in this area not only in Ethiopia.