Support of agriculture, livelihood and sustainable management of natural resources in Sidama Zone II
- Identification number: 02/2014/09
- Total anticipated budget: 4 000 000 CZK
- Implementation period: 2014 - 2016
- Project location: Ethiopia
- Sector: Agriculture and Forestry
- Grant, public tender and budgetary measure within the project:
Grant: Support of agriculture, livelihood and sustainable management of natural resources in Sidama Zone II
Implementation period: 2012-2014
Implementing partner: People in Need
The follow-up of the project “Support of agriculture, livelihood and sustainable natural resources management in Shebedino woreda, SNNPR” in Ethiopia aims to sustainably enhance the stability of selected areas in 4 target kebeles (communes) and to strengthen the capacity of local institutions officially responsible for a long-term protection of these locations.
The project design is based on:
1) assessment conducted in the course of 2013;
2) technical and implementation know-how generated by the implementation and three evaluations of previous anti-erosion projects of the Czech institutions; and
3) relevant strategies of the Ethiopian Government and the priorities of the local authorities and community members.
The intervention proposes the implementation of selected, well-proven technical, biological and administrative anti-erosion measures based on professionally developed landscape management plans. In addition to its strong emphasis on the quality of these measures, the project primarily focuses on a maximum engagement and capacity strengthening of local Farmer Training Centers (FTCs) and kebele representatives which are officially responsible for a long-term implementation and maintenance of anti-erosion measures.
An emphasis will also be given to ensuring an effective visibility and communication of the impact the Czech anti-erosion assistance has achieved and on sharing relevant know-how with local stakeholders.