Supporting smallholder farmers to secure food access and increase community resilience in selected kebeles of Kembata Tembaro Zone, SNNPR
- Identification number: ET-2018-007-DO-31120
- Total anticipated budget: 5 270 060 CZK
- Implementation period: 2019-2021
- Project location: Ethiopia
- Sector: Agriculture and Forestry, Bilateral Development Cooperation
- Grant, public tender and budgetary measure within the project:
Implementing partner: GEOtest, a.s.
Budget for the year 2019: 996 160 CZK
The project builds upon a previous successful project realized in 2014-2018 which pursued the development of irrigation system and the implementation of anti-erosion measures. Next to increasing anti-erosion resilience of local communities, this project also aims to secure stable financial income for farmers from sales of products with higher market price and to improve their access to nutrient-rich food and non-potable water in selected kebeles in Kembata Tembaro zone. The activities will be focused on the diversification of crops and products as well as on the identification and use of appropriate methods of storage and processing of the harvest. The first realization phase in 2019 centred mostly around the screening of outputs from previous project and determination of baseline for the current project.