Through Teachers’ Education Towards Prevention of Stereotyping in GDE
- Identification number: 16/2015/18, 16/2016/18, 16/2017/04
- Total anticipated budget: 2 164 120 CZK
- Implementation period: 2015-2017
- Project location: Czech Republic
- Sector: Global Development Education and Awareness, Local Projects
- Grant, public tender and budgetary measure within the project:
Grant: Through teachers education towards prevention of stereotypes in GDE
Implementing partner: Multikulturní centrum Praha, z.s.
Budget for the year 2015: 700 000 CZK
Budget for the year 2016: 757 650 CZK
Budget for 2017: 706 470 CZK
The project aims at strengthening competences of teachers and librarians in global development and intercultural education with emphasis on preventing the transmission of stereotypes. The project supports the Multicultural Centre Prague as a consultation and educational center not only for teachers. The project also seeks to increase the interest of Czech public in topics of international development cooperation and GDE through trainings in libraries. In the project, we have realized research of the myths and stereotypes in global and development issues in Czech schools. Based on this research, there have created methodology for the training of teachers. These trainings will be then implemented during 2016.