Improving access to education for disadvantaged girls in Ethiopia
- Identification number: DP-2020-068-DO-11110
- Total anticipated budget: 41 230 000,- CZK (2020)
- Implementation period: 2020–2021
- Project location: Ethiopia
- Sector: Horizontal Programmes, Trilateral Development Cooperation
- Grant, public tender and budgetary measure within the project:
Implementing partner: Člověk v tísni, o.p.s.
Budget for the year 2020: 4 000 000,- CZK
- The main objective of the project: to improve the learning outcomes and practical skills of disadvantaged girls. Increase the transition of disadvantaged girls to the formal education system. Improve community and government support for girls’ education.
- Specific objective:
- Increase the number of girls enrolled and re-enrolled in alternative/re-entry education centres;
- Increase the quality of education and inclusive education to promote equal access to education for girls;
- To equip disadvantaged girls with appropriate skills to overcome negative social, economic and contextual factors;
- Improve community perceptions and willingness to promote positive social attitudes towards girls’ education and development;
- Strengthen partnerships between government and other key stakeholders to influence policy, systems and practice at the state level.