Integration of blind in Kosovo through support to education
- Identification number: 10/2013/05
- Total anticipated budget: 800 000 CZK
- Implementation period: 2013 - 2014
- Project location: Kosovo
- Sector: Other Social Infrastructure and Services
- Grant, public tender and budgetary measure within the project:
Grant: Integration of blind in Kosovo through support to education
Implementation period: 2013 – 2014
Implementing partner: People in Need
Budget for 2013: 400 000 CZK
From October to December 2013 People in Need realised project which was aimed at improvement of access of blind people in Kosovo to vocational education. Expert group started its work with a set goal to propose plan for educational courses which could be potentially used by blind people.
Another important part of the project was improvement of literacy, spatial orientation and the use of information technology among blind people in Kosovo. In given period there were also realized trainings in IT technologies, lessons of reading and writing in Braille and teaching spatial orientation.