Pilot project: Transfer of know-how to monitor environmental changes affecting forest vitality
- Identification number: PP-2022-001-DO-25030
- Total anticipated budget: 5 001 640 CZK
- Implementation period: 2022
- Project location: Georgia
- Sector: Projects implemented under the B2B programme
- Grant, public tender and budgetary measure within the project:
Implementing partner: WATRAD, spol. s r.o.
Budget for the year 2022: 2 000 000 CZK
The project aims to build and support a commercial sector specializing in the care and maintenance of forest communities that cover the Georgian part of the Caucasus Mountains. The proposed works focus on the transfer of know-how in the form of a pilot project implemented at a model site (Saghoria Forest). The vitality of the forest community with the predominance of the endemic oak species Quercus robur subsp. imeretina. The survey methodology will be designed for the emerging segment of the business sector focused on the management and maintenance of forests and parks. Cooperation with a local Georgian company, members of the Kutaisi City Council and the International University of Kutaisi will be used to achieve long-term goals.