THE ROAD TO FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE – marketing and promotion of Bikes for Africa 2021
- Identification number: DP-2021-043-DO-99820
- Total anticipated budget: 797 300,- CZK
- Implementation period: 2021
- Project location: Czech Republic
- Sector: Local Projects, Strengthening the Capacities and Partnership of NGOs, Strengthening the Capacities of Platforms of NGOs
- Grant, public tender and budgetary measure within the project:
Implementing partner: Kola pro Afriku, o.p.s.
Budget for the year 2021: 499 000,- CZK
Since 2012, the mission of Kola pro Afriku, o.p.s. (Bikes for Africa) has been development aid for the West African country of Gambia. Helping Gambia consists in the act of donating old or unwanted bicycles. However, Bikes for Africa does not have any marketing strategy. The website and e-shop of Bikes for Africa, as well as the website of the fundraising event Snowmen for Africa lack detailed information about the mission and activities of the company.
The aim of the project is to increase revenue from the sale of bikes and other fundraising events by developing a marketing strategy. This should unify the line of communication for activities and fundraising events and name the steps to target and execute the proposed marketing plan. Strengthening the advertising and marketing of Bikes for Africa has lost its most important financial partnership due to the 2020 pandemic. Therefore, expanding income from individual donors is essential to sustain operations and financial independence.