Wastewater treatment plant for Străşeni
- Identification number: MD-2020-005-FO-14022
- Total anticipated budget: N/A
- Implementation period: 2020-2027
- Project location: Moldova
- Sector: Bilateral Development Cooperation, Water and Sanitation
- Grant, public tender and budgetary measure within the project:
Tender: Preparation of a techno-economic feasibility study for wastewater treatment in Străşeni
Implementation period: 2022
Implementing partner: KONEKO, spol. s r.o.
Budget (planned) for the year 2022: 1 415 700,- CZK
The aim of the project is to build a new wastewater treatment plant for the town of Strășeni, located on the Bîc River, about 20 km northwest of the capital city of Chisinau. The town is the administrative centre of the Strășeni district and has a population of about 20 800 inhabitants (09/2021). Străşeni produces a significant amount of wastewater which causes water pollution in the Bîc River with negative impacts on the environment and the health of the population. A technical-economic feasibility study is foreseen in Phase I.