Youth for climate
- Identification number: DP-2021-030-DO-99820
- Total anticipated budget: 472 920,- CZK
- Implementation period: 2021
- Project location: Czech Republic
- Sector: Global Development Education and Awareness, Local Projects
- Grant, public tender and budgetary measure within the project:
Implementing partner: Středisko ekologické výchovy SEVER Horní
Budget for the year 2021: 337 920,- CZK
The project responds to the need for a proactive approach to climate change. Research shows that children want to play a role in reducing climate change, but often do not know what means to use. The aim of the project is to create a sufficiently broad model of opportunities to educate and harness young people’s initiative to change attitudes to climate change through the implementation of locally embedded service learning projects in 10 schools and communities.
The project outputs are:
- 10-15 educated (trained) and methodologically supported teachers;
- 150-200 educated and actively engaged pupils implementing locally embedded learning projects;
- 10 communities where climate plans were discussed.
The project will be implemented by the Centre for Environmental Education SEVER in cooperation with regional consultants from 9 organisations covering the whole territory of the country.