TERMS OF REFERENCE – Request for Expert from the Czech Republic for Implementation of Feasibility Study in Bosnia and Herzegovina within the project “Demographic Resilience in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Phase II”
UNFPA in Bosnia and Herzegovina, in collaboration with the Czech Development Agency and the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Sarajevo, is launching the second phase of the project “Demographic Resilience in Bosnia and Herzegovina”. This initiative aims to address demographic challenges and enhance economic productivity in the region.
Bosnia and Herzegovina faces complex demographic challenges, including population decline and low productivity levels. The project seeks to empower women, especially those facing barriers to sustainable employment. The initial phase involves conducting a comprehensive feasibility study for production of goods or development of services by selected women’s associations that could be offered in the market through one or more largest retails or other services providers.
UNFPA is looking for one International Consultant from Czech Republic who would cooperate with a National Consultant from Bosnia and Herzegovina to assess the capacities of selected women’s associations for the afore-mentioned economic activities, explore the market for goods or services that could be matched for the capacities of women’s associations and write a report on the feasibility of such activities with the perspective of sustainability of women’s associations and women who they serve.
Qualification Requirements for Applicants:
– Czech citizenship
– At least MA (PhD preferred) in any field of economy (international business, statistics, business administration, marketing etc.);
– Minimum 5 years specific professional experience in conducting research with at least some focus on conducting market analysis, developing economic activities and developing social enterprises;
– B2/C1 level of English proficiency
– Fair understanding of political and economic situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina or other Western Balkan countries;
– Proven experience in working with the international organizations (successful experience in working with UN agencies is an asset);
– Excellent analytical and research skills;
– Good technical writing skills.
Time Commitment: 40 days, including a mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina in spring 2024. Final results of the study will be presented in October 2024.
Payment for the consultancy will be made in accordance with UNFPA’s terms and conditions, including reimbursement for services rendered and travel expenses.
Further information regarding the terms and conditions can be found in the attached TOR.
The selected consultant will work under the overall supervision of Željko Blagojević, Programme Specialist for Population and Development Strategies, Monitoring and Evaluation, UNFPA Bosnia and Herzegovina. If you are interested in applying, please send your CV in English to email@example.com by 4.3.2024. Any questions should be directed to the same email address.