General reconstruction and modernization of trams in Sarajevo
- Identification number: CzDA-BA-2008-03-21030
- Total anticipated budget: 31 240 860 CZK
- Implementation period: 2009 - 2011
- Project location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Sector: Trade and Other Services
- Grant, public tender and budgetary measure within the project:
Tender: General reconstruction and modernization of trams in Sarajevo
Implementation period: 2009 - 2011
Implementing partner: PRAGOIMEX, a.s.
The project objective is to increase the technical reliability and safety of public transport in Sarajevo. Many trams that are being used in Sarajevo nowadays are of Czech production (ČKD Tatra), and were bought in the 70s and 80s. Many tramcars were seriously damaged during the war, and in spite of several repairs in the 90’s; the Sarajevo trams are still in a very bad technical condition.
In the first phase of the project 15 tramcars of type K-2 were overhauled (bogies and electrical components). The necessary spare parts were funded and delivered by CzDA, the overhauling works were carried out by Sarajevo city transport company. In the second phase schduled for 2011 five tramcars of type KT8D5 will be overhauled.