Global Issues – Global Subjects
- Identification number: DP-2019-084-DO-11320
- Total anticipated budget: 4 647 066,- CZK
- Implementation period: 2018–2020
- Project location: Czech Republic
- Sector: Horizontal Programmes, Trilateral Development Cooperation
- Grant, public tender and budgetary measure within the project:
Implementing partner: ARPOK, o.p.s.
Budget for the year 2018: 0,- CZK
Budget for the year 2019: 230 000,- CZK
Budget for the year 2020: 80 000,- CZK
The project contributes to the promotion of global development education and spreads awareness of the Sustainable Development Goals through GDE topics (e.g. migration, climate change, gender) in the teaching of selected subjects (Czech language and literature, civic education/foundations of social sciences and mathematics). The project is based on the assumption that educators play an important role in changing the education system. The main outcome of the project is teachers who are motivated, have the skills and confidence to teach global and SDG-related topics. The project also targets other stakeholder groups – school principals, educational institutions and educational authorities.